Scene 360 magazine launches Illusion in 2008, and it quickly becomes its most successful project with over 40 million visits. The site is dedicated to featuring amazing creations in art, design and film. From realistic tattoos to stunning landscape photos, the selection of posts will often make readers say “WOW!”
In 2013, Illusion wins Best Art Website at the Pixel Awards, shortlisted at The Lovie Awards, and currently “Classic” finalist at the SXSW Interactive Awards. The Guardian highlights it as “Internet Pick of the Week” for its focus of optical illusions, visual gags and trick photos.
“Scene 360 displays different avenues of art, presented by creative minds from all corners of the world. The ‘Illusion’ section is my favorite, showcasing the best in graffiti, unusual objects, paper art, and tattoos.” -Jesca Teale, from Lost At E Minor.
Awards and Mentions
- SXSW Interactive Awards, Nominee, “Classic” category, February 3rd, 2014.
- The Pixel Awards, Winner, “Art” category and “People’s Champ,” January 2014.
- The Lovie Awards, Shortlist in “Arts” category, September 2013.
- Awwwards, Nominee, August 31st, 2013.
- CSS Design Awards, Nominee, August 31st, 2013.
- The Best Designs, Site Pick of the Day, August 26th, 2013.
- MSN Japan, Site Pick of the Day, January 5th, 2012.
- The Guardian, Site Pick of the Day, August 28th, 2010.
- Nylon magazine, Site of the Day, May 20th, 2010.
Social Networks and RSS Feed
Receiving over 7 million visitors per year, Illusion also has a solid subscriber base of 1,600,000 readers on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Vimeo, and RSS feed. The majority of viewers are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia. Find out more.
(mt) Media Temple, Inc. is an industry-leading web hosting and software application services company based in Los Angeles, California. Illusion is powered by (mt) Media Temple’s (gs) Grid-Server. It is a hosting service that replaces yesterday’s obsolete shared server technology by eliminating roadblocks and single points of failure that occur when hundreds of servers are working in tandem for applications, email, and more. The (gs) Grid-Server’s on-demand scalability means Illusion will always be ready for intense bursts of traffic. For more information, visit the (gs) Grid-Server page.
To send an email, please go to the Contact page.