Scene 360 magazine launches Illusion in 2008, and it quickly becomes its most successful project with over 40 million visits. The site is dedicated to featuring amazing creations in art, design, and film. From realistic tattoos to stunning landscape photos, the selection of posts will often make readers say “WOW!”
In 2014, Illusion is nominated for a Webby Award, wins Best Art Website at the Pixel Awards, finalist at the SXSW Interactive Awards, and shortlisted at The Lovie Awards. The Guardian highlights it as “Internet Pick of the Week” for its focus of optical illusions, visual gags and trick photos.
“Scene 360 displays different avenues of art, presented by creative minds from all corners of the world. The ‘Illusion’ section is my favorite, showcasing the best in graffiti, unusual objects, paper art, and tattoos.” -Jesca Teale, from Lost At E Minor.
Awards and Mentions
- A’ Design Award and Competition, Platinum Winner, Digital and Broadcast Media Design, April 15, 2014.
- Webby Awards, Nominee, Art category, April 8, 2014.
- SXSW Interactive Awards, Nominee, Classic category, February 3, 2014.
- The Pixel Awards, Winner, Art category and People’s Champ, January 2014.
- The Lovie Awards, Shortlist in Art category, September 2013.
- Awwwards, Nominee, August 31, 2013.
- CSS Design Awards, Nominee, August 31, 2013.
- The Best Designs, Site Pick of the Day, August 26, 2013.
- MSN Japan, Site Pick of the Day, January 5, 2012.
- The Guardian, Site Pick of the Day, August 28, 2010.
- Nylon magazine, Site of the Day, May 20, 2010.
Social Networks and RSS Feed
Receiving over 7 million visitors per year, Illusion also has a solid subscriber base of 2,000,000 readers on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Vimeo, and RSS feed. The majority of viewers are from the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia. Find out more.
(mt) Media Temple, Inc. is an industry-leading web hosting and software application services company based in Los Angeles, California. Illusion is powered by (mt) Media Temple’s (gs) Grid-Server. It is a hosting service that replaces yesterday’s obsolete shared server technology by eliminating roadblocks and single points of failure that occur when hundreds of servers are working in tandem for applications, email, and more. The (gs) Grid-Server’s on-demand scalability means Illusion will always be ready for intense bursts of traffic. For more information, visit the (gs) Grid-Server page.
To send an email, please go to the Contact page.