Martyn is based in London, England and writes about movies. He has had work published by Little White Lies, The Guardian, Total Film, Grolsch Film Works, Rue Morgue and other quality publications and websites. He is the author of a monograph on Mario Bava's classic horror film, "Black Sunday."
An avid soccer fan, he supports Liverpool FC and Boca Juniors.
A keen environmentalist, his favorite animal is the great white shark. But he also thinks the honey badger is totally rad.
ARTICLES BY THE AUTHOR
- The 10 Best Movies of 2017
- A Visual Analysis of Ridley Scott’s “Alien” Series
- 10 Best Films From the BFI London Film Festival 2017
- 10 Best Movies of 2017 So Far
- The 10 Best Movies from Cannes 2017
- 10 Movies You Should Watch in 2017
- 10 Horror Movies You Must See in 2017
- 20 Best Movies of 2016
- The Aesthetics of Horror: 10 Visually Striking Nightmare Movies
- Top Ten Films from BFI London Film Festival 2016
- Nicolas Winding Refn and the Art of Violence: A Visual Analysis
- The 10 Best Films of 2016 So Far