Martyn is based in London, England and writes about movies. He has had work published by Little White Lies, The Guardian, Total Film, Grolsch Film Works, Rue Morgue and other quality publications and websites. He is the author of a monograph on Mario Bava's classic horror film, "Black Sunday."
An avid soccer fan, he supports Liverpool FC and Boca Juniors.
A keen environmentalist, his favorite animal is the great white shark. But he also thinks the honey badger is totally rad.
ARTICLES BY THE AUTHOR
- The Aesthetics of Horror: 10 Visually Striking Nightmare Movies
- Top Ten Films from BFI London Film Festival 2016
- Nicolas Winding Refn and the Art of Violence: A Visual Analysis
- The 10 Best Films of 2016 So Far
- The Ten Best Films From Cannes 2016
- Voyeuristic Movies: The Fascinatingly Disturbing Works of Hitchcock, Lynch…
- 10 New Movies that Deserve Cult Status
- An Analysis of Quentin Tarantino’s Visual Trademarks and Film Inspirations
- Ten Exciting Movies from The 66th Berlin International Film Festival
- 10 Unmissable Horror Films to Watch in 2016
- 10 Movies You Should See in 2016
- 10 Modern Movie Thrillers You Should Watch